We do not sell our users’ personally identifiable information to anyone for any reason if the user has indicated a desire for us to keep the information private. When posting jobs and resumes, our users decide for themselves how much contact information they wish to display.
IMS may also disclose specific user information when we determine that such disclosure is necessary to comply with the law, to cooperate with or seek assistance from law enforcement, or to protect the interests or safety of IMS or other users of the Sites. In addition, personal information we have collected may be passed on to a third party in the event of a transfer of ownership or assets or a bankruptcy of IMS. Such disclosures may be made with or without your consent, and with or without notice.
About Cookies and Third-Party Advertisers
Third-Party Advertisers: We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit the Sites. These companies may use information about your visits to these and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. We also may give third-party advertisers the ability to tailor their advertisements on our Sites using demographic and preference information we provide to them in aggregate form. This information does not identify you individually.
These third-party advertising companies may use this information to provide you with advertising on our Sites, other websites, or other service platforms or devices tailored to the interests indicated by your browsing of our Site and/or your interaction with other websites where these ad servers or networks are also present.
These companies operate under their own privacy policies and IMS encourages you to be aware of the privacy policies of such companies before you choose to allow them to place a cookie on your web browser. IMS does not have control over or access to any information contained in the cookies that are set on your computer by third-party advertisers. To prohibit the automatic collection of information by some of the third-party advertisers, you may opt-out at the Network Advertising Initiative opt-out site. Please note that this opt-out is cookie-based. If you buy a new computer, change web browsers or delete this cookie, you will need to perform the opt-out task again.
In addition, some of the employers that use our Sites may place cookies on your computer through their job postings and may use such cookies to distinguish your web browser uniquely. Often, employers use such information to track the effectiveness of their job postings by measuring how many users who view their postings later became job applicants.
How we use your personal data
- We may process data about your use of our websites and services (“usage data”). The usage data may include your IP address, geographical location, browser type, and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views, and website navigation paths, as well as information about the timing, frequency, and pattern of your service use. The source of the usage data is our analytics tracking system. This usage data may be processed for the purposes of analyzing the use of the websites and services. The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interests, namely monitoring and improving our websites and services.
- We may process your website account data (“account data”). The account data may be processed for the purposes of operating our websites, providing our services, ensuring the security of our websites and services, maintaining back-ups of our databases and communicating with you. The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interests, namely the proper administration of our websites and business.
- We may process the information on the CVs and profile you upload for the service we provide our Clients (“Recruitment”). Your personal information and uploaded CV may be processed for recruitment purposes. The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interests, namely the proper administration of our websites and business.
- We may process information that you provide us for the purpose of subscribing to our newsletters, job alert and other notifications (“newsletter data”). The newsletter data may be processed for the purposes of sending you the newsletters, activity update mails, job alerts, other notifications, and analyzing their use. The legal basis for this processing is consent.
- We may process the information on the CVs and profile by disclosing your data to one or more recruiters (internal and external) for the purpose of enabling them to contact you so that they can provide employment information or offer you relevant professional services.
What You Should Know
Some Important Tips To Use When Dealing With Prospective Employers
- Never provide bank numbers or engage in a monetary transaction of any sort
- Be cautious when dealing with contacts outside of your own country
- Do not provide any non-work-related personal information (i.e. eye color, marital status, etc.) over the phone or online.
Other Privacy Features On the Sites
You never need to provide personally identifiable data to search for jobs on our Sites. Logging into the Sites is always optional for you, (although logging in does give you access to smarter job search tools such as my account, my saved jobs, and Saved Searches.)
Resume Privacy Options
Posting your resume on the Sites puts you in front of thousands of employers with open positions each day. When you post your resume, we automatically create a registration for you using the email address and password that you supply. When you return to the Sites in the future you will use that same email address and password to access and edit your existing resume.
- Standard Posting
- Deactivating Your Resume
This option allows you to post your resume on the Sites without having it searchable by or viewable to employers. The benefit is that you can quickly and easily apply for jobs without retyping your information.
We attempt to limit access to our searchable resume database to legitimate users such as paying employers, recruiters, hiring managers, headhunters, and human resource professionals, but cannot guarantee that other parties will not gain access to this database. We cannot control the use made of resumes by third parties who access such resumes while they are in our searchable database. You may remove your resume from our searchable database at any time. However, employers, recruiters, and others who have paid for access to that database, as well as parties who have otherwise gained access to the database may have retained a copy of your resume in their own files or databases. We cannot control the retention, use, or privacy of resumes or profiles that have been downloaded by third parties. Accordingly, you should not put the information you would not want to make public in your resume.
How To Spot Fraud
Email and Online Fraud – Phishing
Unfortunately, email and online fraud are continuing concerns for virtually all businesses that operate on the Internet. If you receive an email or pop-up window requesting that you sign in to ethiopianjobs.et and provide your personal information, check the link by hovering your mouse over it. If the link appears different than the link printed in the email, do not respond. If you are in doubt,
please contactadmin@.ethiopianjobs.et or