U.S. Embassy Job Vacancy In Ethiopia 2023 Addis Ababa
Overview of the Position: Truck Driver
Hiring Procedure: Open to the Public
Who Can Apply?/Agency Clarification:
• For USEFM, the FP grade is AA, with the actual FP salary determined by Washington, D.C
• All Potential Applicants/Sources
Security Clearance Is Required: Public Trust – Background Check
Type of appointment: Permanent
Details of the appointment type: Indefinite, subject to successful completion of the probationary period.
Statement of Marketing: Before applying, we recommend that you read and comprehend the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees.
The United States Mission in Addis Ababa/Ethiopia is looking for qualified candidates for the position of Truck Driver.
This position has a full-time work schedule (48 hours per week).
Start date: The candidate must be able to begin working within four weeks of receiving agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications, or their candidature may be terminated.
No supervisory position available.
No reimbursement for relocation expenses.
Travel is not necessary.
• Working directly under the supervision of the Assistant Facility Manager, the incumbent drives heavy trucks, water trucks, fuel trucks, light vehicles, and forklifts in the transport, placement, delivery, and physical organisation of the Embassy’s operations. As well as any other official duties that may be assigned.
• Transports water, fuel, and goods between the Embassy compound, the Embassy warehouse, and various Embassy residences in Addis Abeba.
• Ensures that preventive maintenance is performed on assigned vehicles as needed.
• Frequently performs other duties as assigned.
• Acts as a backup driver for the FAC section light vehicle.
Evaluations and Qualifications
EXPERIENCE: Three years of heavy truck driving experience, including two years of forklift operation, is required.
Please upload all copies of your work experience under “Other Document 1 or 2”
Requirements for Education:
Please include the following documentation with your application:
EDUCATION: A secondary school diploma is required.
Please include all copies of your education under “High School Diploma or equivalent” in your upload.
• Level II English (Limited knowledge) It is necessary to read, write, and speak. (This could be tested.)
• Amharic Level III (Excellent working knowledge) It is necessary to be able to speak, read, and write Amharic. (This could be tested.)
Competencies and abilities:
• Professional experience with liquid (water and fuel) trucks and forklifts is required.
• Must be able to carefully follow instructions, identify potential problems, and advise supervisor with minimal supervision in order to provide the most efficient service.
• Must have a valid 5th-grade driver’s licence and have had a valid driver’s licence for a minimum of five (5) years, have a very good knowledge of Addis Ababa’s roads and traffic patterns, and have basic industry knowledge of protecting/transporting/loading/unloading, water & fuel via truck and forklift. (These could be tested)
Please upload copies of your fifth-grade driver’s licence under “Driver’s Licence”
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The United States Mission provides equal employment opportunities and fair and equitable treatment to all people regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
All applicants under consideration must pass medical and security screenings.
Other Information and Benefits
• Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs) and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the US Mission in Addis Ababa/Ethiopia may receive a stipend that includes health, separation, and other benefits.
• Benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office for EFMs.
• The HR Office assigns the pay plan at the time of the conditional offer letter.
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: In the order listed below, applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference. As a result, it is critical that these applicants accurately describe their current status on the application. Failure to do so may result in the applicant being ruled ineligible for a hiring preference.
ORDER OF HIRING PREFERENCE:
• AEFM/USEFM who is a preference-eligible United States Veteran*
• LWOP and CS FS with reemployment rights
* IMPORTANT: To claim preference-eligible U.S. Veteran status, applicants must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces certifying that the service member will be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honourable conditions within 120 days of the applicant submitting the certification. The certification letter should be written on the letterhead of the appropriate military branch and include (1) the military service dates, including the expected discharge or release date, and (2) the nature of service. To receive the preference, acceptable documentation must be submitted.
How to Use
To apply for this position, click the apply button below and then click “Apply to this Vacancy” on the incoming page.
You MUST submit the requested completion of a High/Secondary school diploma in order to qualify based on education. as proof of educational requirements by the announcement’s deadline. You will not be considered for this position if you do not provide the requested information or if the information you provide is insufficient to verify your eligibility.
• Orders/Assignment Notification Copy (or equivalent) (if applicable)
• Residency and/or Work Permit (if required)
• A copy of your passport (if applicable).
• A high school diploma is required.
• Previous work experience (required)
• A valid driver’s licence is required.
• DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Veterans’ Affairs Letter, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
• If applicable, SF-50
• 5th Grade Driver’s Licence (required)
Next Steps: Applicants who have been invited to take a language or skills test, or who have been selected for an interview, will be contacted by email or phone.