Reporter Job Vacancy in Ethiopia 2023 This Week
HAWASSA UNIVERSITY JOB VACANCY
ABIJATA SHALLA JOB VACANCY
ADDIS ABABA SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY JOB VACANCY
ADDIS ABABA SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY JOB VACANCY
ADDIS ABABA SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY JOB VACANCY
JIMMA UNIVERSITY JOB VACANCY
ABOUT JIMMA UNIVERSITY
In the 1980s, the Jimma Institute of Health Science and the Jimma College of Agriculture merged to become Jimma University. Following the merging of the two previous specialty institutions, a new, diversified, and development-oriented institution was able to emerge. Both institutions had previously been national leaders in their respective professions. Ethiopia as a nation was committed to overcoming the major development obstacles it faced during the 1990s. These difficulties were present in every area and every sphere of society. In light of this fact, new institutions had to be created in a way that would support national progress. The country’s overall growth required an institutional development plan for higher education that was both well-thought-out and appropriate. All over the nation, a large number of new institutions of higher learning were established, and those that already existed were enhanced and extended. Jimma University is the best example of this countrywide program development and enhancement among all higher education institutions.
Jimma University has been able to sustain a level of education unmatched in the nation despite being outside the capital. Jimma University has developed into a center of scholarly and intellectual activity that draws national leaders, educators, innovators, and thought leaders. Jimma University’s reputation as the best public university in the country is largely attributed to the quality of its academic offerings.
Jimma University has a long history of working with other countries, which has prepared it to be a genuinely global university. To solve agricultural issues, Jimma University’s parent school, the Jimma College of Agriculture, was established in the 1960s with assistance from the University of Oklahoma in the United States as well as foreign partners. For many years, Jimma University has welcomed collaborators from all around the globe. These long-term collaborators include American and European physicians and public health experts, Asian development partners from South Korea, Japan, and China, foreign teaching personnel from the Philippines and India, and Cuban physicians and development professionals. International partners often see Jimma University as a distinctive, if little-known, significant research and higher education establishment. At Jimma University, several international collaborators, academics, and researchers have completed Ph.D. dissertations, written publications that are internationally significant, and conducted scientific studies.
Jimma University now maintains many Memorandums of Understanding with a wide range of international partners. According to Jimma University, cooperation is most effective when it involves the widest range of foreign partners. As a result, Jimma University now maintains relationships with a wide range of partners in Africa, the Middle East, Southeast Asia, East Asia, Latin America, and North America.
Jimma University is now in a vital period of growth. With the programmatic and physical expansion, the university will undoubtedly realize its aim of being a globally competitive, collaborative university that delivers the highest quality of academic and research output annually.
World Bank Group Job Vacancy in Ethiopia 2023
Procurement Specialist Position Description
Do you want to pursue a really meaningful career? The World Bank Group, a special international alliance of five institutions committed to eradicating extreme poverty and fostering shared prosperity, is one of the biggest providers of capital and expertise for developing nations. With 189 member nations and over 120 offices globally, we collaborate with partners in the public and private sectors, investing in innovative initiatives and using data, research, and technology to provide solutions for the world’s most pressing problems. Go to www.worldbank.org to learn more.
Region of Eastern and Southern Africa (AFE)
To fully use the potential and innovation occurring across the continent, we need the finest and brightest personnel concentrated in our area. Situated between the Red Sea in the north and the Cape of Good Hope in the south, Eastern and Southern Africa is home to around 700 million people from Africa. It is an area of 26 nations that is varied in terms of geography, culture, and economy. Many of Africa’s long-running wars are contained inside the subregion, making many of its nations unstable, and severe deficiencies in health, education, and skill development prevent people from realizing their full potential. This makes growth very difficult, negatively affects people’s lives and means of subsistence, and impedes commerce and regional integration! However, it also presents a chance to collaborate closely with youth, development partners, civic society, and national leaders to steer the future in a more positive direction.
Visit https://www.worldbank.org/en/region/afr/eastern-and-southern-africa for more details on the Eastern and Southern Africa (AFE) Region.
A wide range of professional disciplines that interact with public institutions are included in the Governance Global Practise (GGP), including financial management, public sector management, procurement, and governance and anti-corruption.
Leading practitioners in the disciplines of procurement, anti-corruption, and open government come together as part of GGP’s Procurement Department, to promote innovative practices and advancements in these areas. The Department is looking to hire or appoint a highly motivated, organized, and experienced individual who can work well to increase its capacity.
Based in more than 20 national offices, the GGP-Procurement Department’s Africa East and Southern (AFE) section is mostly decentralized. An Accredited Practise Manager (PM) with a Nairobi base oversees the AFE Procurement team. To serve the Ethiopia portfolio, the AFE Procurement Unit is looking to engage a locally recruited Procurement Specialist to be headquartered in Addis Ababa. The Procurement Specialist will report to the AFE Accredited Practise Manager located in Nairobi and operate under the direction of the Procurement Hub Coordinator situated in Addis Ababa.
Tasks and Accountabilities of the Job
• Participates in policy discussions to improve procurement processes in client nations and offers technical fiduciary advice on procurement-related operations.
• Assists clients in attaining value for money (VFM) in public procurement to improve development results and service delivery ethically.
• Define more successful procurement strategies by using analytical tools and methodologies to comprehend pertinent procurement markets.
• Takes part in missions and contributes significantly to the creation of workable procurement strategies while handling challenging operational and policy concerns concurrently.
• Draughts policy documents and operational instructions and makes comments on them, as well as major/complex reports.
• Creates and implements training programs on intricate procurement-related issues.
Frequent engagement with the following stakeholders is implied by the work:
• Management at the duty station and, sometimes, at headquarters or in other nations.
• Representatives of the government and comparable relationships in other international organizations, associate companies, etc.
• Procurement experts from government and World Bank departments.
• Partners in the Bank who work with Global Practises, VPUs, and other departments to achieve the Bank’s business goals.
• Additional outside parties and professional associations.
• A master’s degree in an appropriate discipline, such as engineering, business administration, commerce, law, procurement, etc.
• A minimum of five years of relevant experience performing technical tasks in public procurement for projects sponsored by donors or multilateral development banks.
• Proficiency in the ideas, guidelines, and procedures that control global procurement, along with the capacity to convert ideas into practical tasks in areas like contract management, market analysis, strategic sourcing, VFM, sustainable procurement, and so on.
• Capacity to establish productive working relationships with customers and coworkers and handle delicately in a multicultural setting.
• A high standard of honesty.
• Outstanding proficiency in English.
• An understanding of Ethiopian institutions and procurement changes.
• Solid understanding of public procurement systems as well as the ideas, tenets, and methods of international procurement.
• Understanding of FCV Context – Provides a deep comprehension of fragility, conflict, violence, etc. for operational and analytical activities.
The World Bank Group provides a wide range of benefits, including a retirement plan, paid time off, maternity leave, health, life, and disability insurance, and reasonable accommodations for those with impairments.
With a devoted and engaged team, we take pride in being an equal opportunity and inclusive company that does not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or handicap.