GRADE 12 ENTRANCE RESULT ETHIOPIA NEAE | EAES
The number that shocked the minister?
Prof. Birhanu Nega:
- “One thing that should shock us about this test is that 50 percent of the total students tested and 26 percent more than that got it.
- from 845 thousand; 422,500 thousand students are under 26. It is simply the score a student can get even if he or she completes the exam roughly.
- That is why we say that we must work from the bottom up. “
- What do the 12th-grade national exam numbers say about 2015?
- The number of students tested in 2015 was 845,099; Only 27,267 students (3.2%) scored 50% and above.
• 19,017 students who passed natural science
• 8,250 students who passed social science
– Only 16,541 passed 12 students who were tested in the evening
– Only 498 students passed 169,502 private exams
– Only 26,757 students passed 659,056 regular exams
– 3,106 schools that tested the12th-gradee exam; 1,328 schools failed to pass any students.
– 42.8 percent of the schools in the country that conducted the 12th-grade exam failed to pass even one student.
– 27 thousand 267 students directly enter the university asfreshmenn, while about 160 thousand students enter through remedial.