African Union Internship Program 2023
The training’s format is:
This intensive training programme lasts for one month and includes
- Digital literacy – 2 weeks
- Entrepreneurship – 1 week
- financial literacy – 1 week
You can enrol in one or both of these courses. However, prospective students are strongly encouraged to submit applications for all three courses.
- Learn about financial literacy, entrepreneurship, and digital skills.
- For each programme, obtain a certificate: Digital Skills, Entrepreneurial Skills, and Financial Literacy (to be eligible for certificates, participants must attend at least 60% of the training sessions for each programme).
- Join the ImpactHER and CIEFFA networks of the African Union.
- Boost your chances of being selected by the African Union CIEFFA for fully funded in-person activities.
- ImpactHER’s sponsored training and mentoring programmes are fully funded online.
- either a woman or a man of African descent; be able to show a desire to learn digital skills, entrepreneurial skills, and financial literacy.
- possess leadership qualities, aspirations, and a dedication to advancing women’s and girls’ education;
- have a device (laptop, computer, smartphone, or tablet) and access to a reliable internet connection.
- possess a solid command of one of the training’s three official languages: English, French, or Portuguese;
- hold citizenship in Africa and reside there or anywhere else in the world.
- As a reminder, the participants will be split up into batches. Starting in August 2023, each batch will be run for a duration of one month.
Please contact [email protected] if you have any inquiries or needs.
At the conclusion of the training, a certificate will be given for each course that was at least 60% successfully completed.
How to Join
Submit your application for this programme
Application deadline: 31 July 2023
ABOUT African Union CIEFFA
The public phase of the online capacity building training, with the theme “#AfricaEducatesHer – Digital Skills for All: Bridging the Gender Gap in STEAM, Financial Literacy, and Entrepreneurship,” will be co-hosted by ImpactHER and the African Union CIEFFA beginning in August 2023. Women and men from the 55 African Union Member States and the Diaspora who are interested in developing their STEAM, digital literacy, financial literacy, and entrepreneurship skills can attend the training, as well as female teachers who want to improve their ability to teach STEAM and digital literacy.
Together, the African Union CIEFFA and ImpactHER are planning an online training session on building STEAM access and STEAM skills through scaling up gender responsive education. In particular, the training aims to address the issues with STEAM, digital literacy, financial literacy, and entrepreneurship that young people in Africa face. Additionally, it aims to improve the ability of female educators to successfully teach STEAM and digital literacy courses.
The African Union’s International Centre for Girls and Women’s Education in Africa (African Union CIEFFA) is a specialised institution that reports to the Department of Education, Science, Technology and Innovation (ESTI) of the African Union Commission. It was founded to advocate for and promote gender equality in education across the continent.
Awarded non-profit organisation ImpactHER works to empower African female entrepreneurs by closing the gender financing gap in order to enable them to reach their full economic potential.
106 African Union CIEFFA Alumni of the Youth Programmes from 54 African Union Member States and the Diaspora participated in the Training’s pilot phase in May and June 2023.